Ultimate Book Tag!



Not official picture, I made it!

Today, I'm doing the Ultimate Book Tag, originally from Chapter Chicks, a book related YouTube channel. I found this tag on Angel Erin's Book Obsession. I tag anyone reading this who would like to do this tag. I hope you like it!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, but I do have trouble reading and don't really understand what I'm reading.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I feel like Rick Riordan has a completely unique author because I have never read a book by another author, quite like his. He combines mythology with action to create stories kids are guaranteed to love. This is also why he is an auto-buy author for me.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your
answer.
If you've read my blog before, you probably know I'm a hardcore Harry Potter lover. It's not that Twilight is bad, but I have to choose Harry Potter.

  1. Twilight has horrible writing and needs to be fixed. Harry Potter is 10 times better than Twilight when it comes to the writing.
  2. Magic! And Dragons! I love all the fantasy in Harry Potter, another reason it's one of my favorite books.
  3. Hermione is my favorite character in Harry Potter, she's independent, she's smart, and she doesn't need anyone, she wants them. I feel like Bella was too reliant on guys. All of her decisions were based on either Edward or Jake; she tried to KILL herself multiple times because her boyfriend ran away. I feel like Hermione is a better role model for kids and that Bella can teach all the wrong things when it comes to guys.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
No, I don't carry a book bag. However, I do carry a Kindle Keyboard around school, which is kind of like a book bag, it has all kinds of books on it.

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes, when I am in book stores I love smelling the books. It reminds me of when I used to go to Half-Price Books all the time when I lived in Texas. Also, I find the smell really calming when I'm upset or frustrated.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I think the occasional illustration is good, but too many can be frustrating, unless the picture serves the purpose of telling a part of the story without words, such as The Invention of Hugo Cabret, a book told almost entirely in pictures. I do like pictures at the beginning of each chapter too, I think it adds to the character of the book.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?
I loved Twilight while I was reading and thought everything about it was perfect, but looking back the writing is really bad. After reading other books with better writing and learning how to tell the difference I slowly started to find plot holes. Also, since I read it a couple of years ago, I have since figured out that at least 95% of Bella's decisions were horrible and completely unrealistic.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really, however I was really upset when my Hogwarts letter didn't show up!

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I'm not for sure, but I think it is The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, who is also the only reason I tried the 39 Clues series.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Once again I'm not for sure, but I think it is The Blood of Olympus, also by Rick Riordan.


11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I can never seem to write as well as I read, however I have tried when I wrote the Identity Thief, it probably sucks. Please don't hold it against me. However, I do hope to one day become an author, not necessarily a book author though, possibly being a travel writer.

12. When did you get into reading?
I've always loved reading, ever since I remember, but I think Harry Potter was what turned me to fantasy.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don't really enjoy classics so I don't have one. However, I can tell you my least favorite. I hated Fahrenheit 451 because I couldn't get interested in it. Also, I didn't like Alice in Wonderland very much either because I couldn't get into the book.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
I'm still in school, but yes, English is my best class.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
I would put in on my shelves because even though I hated it, you can never have too many books. Plus, I love showing off my books!

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Harvesting Series reminds me of the Hunger Games. While it's not kids killing each other for a game show, it's kids fighting for their lives. Most of the characters I picture to be late teens and early twenties, having to kill friends and family to save their lives.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Well, I'm not a YouTuber, but I do tend to get off topic while writing blog posts. I get distracted writing another post or playing on Facebook and eventually forget what I was doing. This can be horrible because sometimes I am doing really well and then I get distracted and mess everything up.

18. What is your favorite word?
My favorite words are nonsense or made-up words like manxome, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, or muggle.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I think I'm a nerd because I am obsessed with reading, really smart, and I'm definitely NOT a dweeb! This can be shown when I bring my Kindle or book with me when I go to people's houses or somewhere where I might get bored to read.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I prefer vampires because fairies are annoying and they typically sound like they were designed to be Tinker Bell's doppelganger.

21. Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
Shape-shifters because why not. I have a whole post here basically explaining why they are awesome. Plus, a shape-shifter could shift into an angel, obviously!

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, but they have to be classic werewolves. I don't want any Jacob Blacks, I want unpredictable Remus Lupin style werewolves.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
It depends on the book, in some cases I choose zombies because the vampires are poorly developed, *cough* Twilight *cough*, and in some cases the zombies are poorly developed. So, I'm going to have to call this one a tie.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Neither! If I'm reading a book, the romance better be a background thing. I don't like romance and think it is a horrible idea and genre in general and romance should be in the background as a bonus, not the main idea or focal point.

25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed
in?
As I just explained, I prefer action-packed with a few love scenes over full on romance any day. I feel romance books are a disgrace to books and that the Young Adult genre is plagued with way too many of them.

2 comments:

  1. I love your answers! I was sad as well when I didn't get my Hogwarts letter lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mom tried to give me a Hogwarts theme for my birthday, but I would't let her.

      Delete