A to Z Bookish Survey Tag

     So, seeing as I start school in about a month and I still have tons of summer work to do, my creativity is currently down in the dumps. However, I realized that I needed a post and decided to google some fun book blog tags. From there I clicked the first one I saw (laziness at it's finest!) which lead me to Brin's Book Blog, and now we're here! So enjoy my post and be warned, I happen to be very weird, so the answers reflect that. 



Author you’ve read the most books from: 


Rick Riordan or James Patterson, I' not even sure anymore! I love both authors wiht every bone in my body and if I see a book with their name I instantly have to buy it! (I used to be that way with J.K. Rowling, but then Cursed Child came out. 'Nuff said.)


Best Sequel Ever: 


Is this question even fair? It's too hard to choose!!! I guess I'll have to go with Witch Wood by Melanie Karsak, she brings all the story lines together perfectly!


Currently Reading: 


Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl


Drink of Choice While Reading: 


I don't really drink while I read, out of fear of damaging the book. However, if I had to choose, I'd say chamomile tea.


E-reader or Physical Book? 



Physical books, you can't smell a e-book (I mean you could, but it wouldn't have the addicting smell of a freshly printed paperback [seriously, it's instantly calming, I should buy a book scented candle])


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: 


Well, I'm still in high school, but I'm gonna have to go with Maxon from the Selection Series! He was so sweet and understanding, even when America was acting like an idiot (which I may happen to do a lot).


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: 


The Selection by Kiera Cass, I'm not a big fan of romance, but I ended up loving it anyways and I wish they would adapt it to a movie! I have read multiple rumors but I've heard nothing else!


Hidden Gem Book: 


Scarlet by Marissa Meyers. I kept attempting to read the book, but I couldn't push through. I finally forced myself and loved it, along with the rest of the series!


Important Moment in your Reading Life: 


Starting this blog. I may not be active as much as I should, but it has opened a lot of doors! I've gotten the chance to read wonderful books I never would've heard of otherwise, and connected with some amazing people, authors and bloggers alike.


Just Finished: 


I just finished King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Green for school. It took me way too long but in my defense, I don't do well with required reading.


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: 


Nonfiction or romance. Now, both of these stem from my toddler-like attention span and love of action. However, for romance I also find it completely unnecessary and overused. I mean, how many times can I read that SAME PLOTLINE about two people! The answer seems to be an infinite number of times! It's tired FIND A NEW STORY LINE I BEG OF YOU! I'm not trying to offend anybody as an author, and if that's your thing, roll with it. But just know that this way your book will be swamped with 5 million other stories with the exact same storyline. I' doing this for your own good (and also mine, give me a good romance story, an original one, I'll be happy to read that)


Longest Book You’ve Read: 


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with 870 pages (honestly is anyone surprised? I'm shocked this is the first time Harry Potter has come up! It's a RECORD!)


Major book hangover because of: 


School reading, I get swamped by it and don't want to have anything to do with reading just so I can avoid the inevitable required reading.

Number of Bookcases You Own: 


1 right now because I moved, and it's not even in my room

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: 


My most read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (I know, a real shocker) However, I'd like to point out that a lot of the time I only read chunks of it not the whole book. I've only read the full book 4 times.


Preferred Place To Read: 


Literally anywhere I can't hear my family (they're obnoxious)


Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: 


“I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?” - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Reading Regret: 


That I keep getting distracted and thus have yet to finish Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer, I've tried 3 times now. I blame school this time.


Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series): 


Asylum series by Madeleine Roux, I just recently read Escape from Asylum, which is the prequel, but I need to read it (it sounds amazing)


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books: 


1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - all of them (Cursed Child is not a part of it, I refuse to acknowledge it's existence as part of the Harry Potter franchise, I will fight you on this)

2. The Heir by Kiera Cass - I love Eadyln, she's amazing honestly and I feel like I identify with her more than any other character (except Hermione Granger and Rory Gilmore of course)

3. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco - It's the perfect combination of everything, a serial killer, suspicious of everyone and mostly, a strong self sufficient female who fights all expectations society has for her


Unapologetic Fangirl For: 


Rick Riordan, he is after all the reason I fell in love with mythology


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: 


I honestly don't even know what's coming out soon, oopsies *shrugs*


Worst Bookish Habit: 


I'm easily distracted so I tend to not finish books I start, and then I don't want to reread parts of a book


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: 


The Harvesting by Melanie Karsak


Your latest book purchase: 


MY latest purchase was probably The Cursed Child. The most recent purchase FOR me was my summer reading books. *rolls eyes* This consists of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Green, Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Riz, and Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand.


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): 


King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table becuase I'm SUPER STRESSED about finishing my summer reading (this is why you don't procrastinate, let that be a lesson to everyone [even though my second to last post was about how to procrastinate {I'm a hypocrite}])

No comments:

Post a Comment